Forms & procedures
ServiceNow job aids
Resources & References
Online forms in ServiceNow are available for the following STAFF actions:
- Staff Recruitment
- Staff Extension
- Staff Mass Hiring
- Staff Waiver of Recruitment
- Classification and Reclassification requests
To Submit a Service Request:
- Open a ServiceNow ticket and answer a few basic questions
- If applicable, move through the approval process (no approvals for classification or reclassification)
- Limited appointment hires (under 900 hours without recruitment) are requested using Staff Waiver of Recruitment
- We have created checklists for Staff Recruitment and Limited Appointments Waiver of Recruitment to assist you in completing the online forms
- Consult with Sr. HR Partner Ambiliy Rajappan on details and documents to fulfill your request
|Which category should I use in ServiceNow?||11/24/15|
|Which E&I forms should I use in ServiceNow?||11/24/15|
A tip for approvals: for HR actions you may get original signatures on the forms OR you may handle the approval process through email (except for IOCs). Just be sure to save the email with all the appropriate approvals as a pdf and attach it to your ServiceNow request.
Also, when submitting service requests to ServiceNow please use the following "naming convention" for your subject lines: Service request needed, Employee Last Name, First Name, Department Name or Home Org Code.
Recruitment and hiring
Resources & References
- TCS Inquiry – Title Code Web Inquiry System (UCOP)
- PSS/MSP Salary Ranges for non-academic, non-represented positions
- Number of Working Hours Per Month (for calculating limited appointments)
- Student Assistant Titles & Pay Rates (scroll to the last item on the page)
ServiceNow and UCPATH changes
- Please note: To hire a limited appointment without a recruitment process, open a ticket in ServiceNow under the Waiver of Recruitment/Limited Waiver.
- If you simply need to create a new position number in UCPath—and you don't need to submit a full position authorization request (e.g., for students)—please use this E&I Position Number Request form (updated 9/10/19).
|Staff Recruitment Worksheet||08/24/17|
|Student Assistant/Tutor Hire Form (NEW! This replaces the forms previously used for student recruitments and appointments. For SES programs please use this version.)||01/20/21|
|Appointment Form for Staff||10/12/16|
|Limited Appointment Waiver/Appointment worksheet||08/24/17|
|Mass Hires (10 or more individuals completing paperwork at same time)||06/08/15|
|List of I9 acceptable documents||06/08/15|
|Position Management Form||09/09/16|
|IOC Form (see below for a version to use for UCPD)||08/26/14|
Criminal background checks (CBC):
- All E&I staff: Use the modified IOC for UCPD form instead (new rate of $116, effective 7/01/21). Fill in the highlighted fields. Important: a wet signature is required on IOC forms.
- CEP staff only: Effective 08/28/14, you must follow the CBC Instructions for CEP
|Appointment Change Form||chartstring distribution changes, student appointment extensions, etc.||11/30/16|
|Volunteer Form||This E&I form is no longer in use. Please use the BRS Affiliate Form (availalbe in ServiceNow) instead.||7/14/20|
|Leaves of Absence|
|Separation||all separations should now be completed by using the ServiceNow web platform||6/30/16|
Resources & References
|E&I Friendly Names||07/20/18|
|CalTime terminal locations in E&I (map)||10/31/14|
|Paper Timecards (CSS instructions and form)|
Small delegation requests are now submitted via a Google Form: Non-Exempt | Exempt
Once you have completed and submitted the form, it will be escalated to the CalTime Admins for processing. The turnaround on processing these requests is typically two to three business days. After the request has been processed, another 24-48 hours are usually required before the delegation is active in CalTime.
CSS is the Timekeeper for all E&I programs. For CalTime technical support, email email@example.com or call the CalTime Help Desk at Campus Shared Services: (510) 664-9000 (press option 5 for CalTime support).
|What Forms Should I Use?
||A BearBuy job aid that lists transaction types and the appropriate form to use for each.||11/05/14|
|Deposit Request||For use by programs that forward cash and checks to Tonia Williams. (non-CEP only)||03/11/13|
|Payroll Expense Transfer Request||For a larger request with multiple entries please use the Mass PET Request form instead.||
|BFS Accounts and Description||A list of commonly-used BFS account codes. Tip: use the Find feature in Acrobat to search for keywords (e.g., computer, printing, meals, travel, etc.) to help locate appropriate codes. An Excel version is also available.||09/18/14|
|Systems and Training handout||A one-page handout with a list of frequently-used campus systems and where to find online training and/or help for those systems.||10/21/14|
|Event request form for the Vice Chancellor for Equity & Inclusion's calendar||10/17/16|
|E&I Approvers spreadsheet (this list determines who has the authority to approve different transaction types in your programs and is used as a reference by our CSS partners)||02/01/16|
|E&I Home Dept Org Nodes||08/7/15|
E&I Procedures Job Aid
|Research Administration Process: CSS-RA detailed procedure | CSS-RA workflow||03/25/15|
Campus Hiring and Salary Freeze
Due to the Berkeley campus budget impacts from COVID-19, the campus implemented a hiring freeze on all staff positions on April 1, 2020. Additionally, effective May 18, 2020, Chancellor Christ announced a one-year salary freeze on staff and faculty salaries. Both of these actions are in effect until further notice.
Hiring freeze: Limited exceptions to the hiring freeze may be requested for positions that fall under one of the following criteria: positions that protect against a significant business disruption and/or a significant health, safety, or compliance risk.
Positions that are fully or partially funded by central and gift funds are subject to the hiring freeze. Extramural-funded positions fully funded by contracts and grants are exempt from the hiring freeze, however these must be reviewed by the E&I Review team (as of 11/24/20).
Requests for exceptions to the hiring freeze are collected every Tuesday (5:00PM) on google sheet templates and reviewed by an E&I Review team. Those requests approved by VCEI Dania Matos are submitted to the campus Finance Committee for their decision.
Requests can be submitted on your respective L4 Hiring Freeze Request sheet:
BBEQI | BVHDR | BXPPD | UIAPA | UQMSC | UXDSP | ZCEEE
Access to the google sheets are restricted to hiring managers and submissions require sign-off from their cluster FAs and AVC/L4 lead. [pdf]
For more information please refer to the campus COVID-19 Hiring Freeze FAQ.
Salary Freeze: The salary freeze impacts all base-building salary increase actions (including equity and reclassification) and is irrespective of funding source.
E&I Instructions for requesting an exception to the salary freeze [pdf].
Additional questions? Feel free to reach out to Control Unit Administrator/HR Manager Debbie Fong (firstname.lastname@example.org).