Forms & procedures
ServiceNow job aids
Resources & References
Online forms in ServiceNow are available for the following STAFF actions:
- Staff Recruitment
- Staff Extension
- Staff Mass Hiring
- Staff Waiver of Recruitment
- Classification and Reclassification requests
To Submit a Service Request:
- Open a ServiceNow ticket and answer a few basic questions
- If applicable, move through the approval process (no approvals for classification or reclassification)
- Limited appointment hires (under 900 hours without recruitment) are requested using Staff Waiver of Recruitment
- We have created checklists for Staff Recruitment and Limited Appointments Waiver of Recruitment to assist you in completing the online forms
- Consult with Sr. HR Partner Ambiliy Rajappan on details and documents to fulfill your request
|Which category should I use in ServiceNow?||11/24/15|
|Which E&I forms should I use in ServiceNow?||11/24/15|
A tip for approvals: for HR actions you may get original signatures on the forms OR you may handle the approval process through email (except for IOCs). Just be sure to save the email with all the appropriate approvals as a pdf and attach it to your ServiceNow request.
Also, when submitting service requests to ServiceNow please use the following "naming convention" for your subject lines: Service request needed, Employee Last Name, First Name, Department Name or Home Org Code.
Recruitment and hiring
Resources & References
- TCS Inquiry – Title Code Web Inquiry System (UCOP)
- PSS/MSP Salary Ranges for non-academic, non-represented positions
- Number of Working Hours Per Month (for calculating limited appointments)
- Student Assistant Titles & Pay Rates (scroll to the last item on the page)
ServiceNow and UCPATH changes
- There are new online forms for staff recruitments and limited appointment hires. We are providing worksheets below that you can use for guidance when filling out the online CSS forms.
- Please note: To hire a limited appointment without a recruitment process, open a ticket in ServiceNow under the Waiver of Recruitment/Limited Waiver.
- If you simply need to create a new position number in UCPath—and you don't need to submit a full position authorization request (e.g., for students)—please use this E&I Position Number Request form (updated 9/10/19).
|Staff Recruitment Worksheet||08/24/17|
|Student Assistant/Tutor Hire Form (NEW! This replaces the forms previously used for student recruitments and appointments.)||06/24/20|
|Appointment Form for Staff||10/12/16|
|Limited Appointment Waiver/Appointment worksheet||08/24/17|
|Mass Hires (10 or more individuals completing paperwork at same time)||06/08/15|
|List of I9 acceptable documents||06/08/15|
|Position Management Form||09/09/16|
Criminal background checks (CBC):
Resources & References
|E&I Friendly Names||07/20/18|
|CalTime terminal locations in E&I (map)||10/31/14|
|Paper Timecards (CSS instructions and form)|
Once you have completed and submitted the form, it will be escalated to the CalTime Admins for processing. The turnaround on processing these requests is typically two to three business days. After the request has been processed, another 24-48 hours are usually required before the delegation is active in CalTime.
CSS is the Timekeeper for all E&I programs. For CalTime technical support, email email@example.com or call the CalTime Help Desk at Campus Shared Services: (510) 664-9000 (press option 5 for CalTime support).
|What Forms Should I Use?
||A BearBuy job aid that lists transaction types and the appropriate form to use for each.||11/05/14|
|Deposit Request||For use by programs that forward cash and checks to Tonia Williams. (non-CEP only)||03/11/13|
|Payroll Expense Transfer Request||For a larger request with multiple entries please use the Mass PET Request form instead.||
|BFS Accounts and Description||A list of commonly-used BFS account codes. Tip: use the Find feature in Acrobat to search for keywords (e.g., computer, printing, meals, travel, etc.) to help locate appropriate codes. An Excel version is also available.||09/18/14|
|Systems and Training handout||A one-page handout with a list of frequently-used campus systems and where to find online training and/or help for those systems.||10/21/14|
|Event request form for the Vice Chancellor for Equity & Inclusion's calendar||10/17/16|
|E&I Approvers spreadsheet (this list determines who has the authority to approve different transaction types in your programs and is used as a reference by our CSS partners)||02/01/16|
|E&I Home Dept Org Nodes||08/7/15|
E&I Procedures Job Aid
|Research Administration Process: CSS-RA detailed procedure | CSS-RA workflow||03/25/15|
|CEP Procurement Process||08/11/14|
|CEP Procurement Process Examples||08/11/14|
Position Control for the Berkeley campus is now in effect (as of July 1, 2016). Leadership review and approval is required for all staff positions in Equity & Inclusion including career, limited appointment, and employment contract positions. Also subject to position control are employment contract extensions and contract and grant positions that are moved to central funds for more than 6 months.
Excluded from position control are positions fully funded by contracts and grants; academic positions; and student appointments.
If you simply need to create a new position number in UCPath—and you don't need to submit a full position authorization request (e.g., for students)—please use this E&I Position Number Request form (updated 9/10/19).
Campus guidelines: http://hr.berkeley.edu/careers/recruiting/hiring/positioncontrol
Please direct any questions to Control Unit Administrator/HR Manager Debbie Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org.