Celebrating Women's History and Empowerment Month
Every March, we celebrate Women’s History and Empowerment Month, both honoring the historical contributions of all who experience life through the lens of "woman" in body, spirit, and identity (past, present, future, and fluid) as well as empowering women and reducing barriers to their advancement.
"Myself and another student would be the first women to receive a bachelor of science degree in molecular biophysics and biochemistry from Yale."
Berkeley Law's student organization Gun Violence Prevention Project is helping a nonprofit pursue international impact litigation claims.
"As I continued to get promoted, I was oftentimes the only woman and always the only person of color in the room..."
Nobel laureate Jennifer Doudna details new applications at Kuh Distinguished Lecture
Associate Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Markita del Carpio Landry is one of several women faculty members to be featured in the Brilliance of Berkeley lecture series
Taskforces and Advisory Bodies
- Department of Gender and Women’s Studies
- Center for Race and Gender
- Chancellor’s Advisory Committee on Status of Women
Faculty and Staff Resources
News & Research
- Chancellor Carol Christ: Roe ruling is a major setback for women via Berkeley News
- UC Berkeley reaffirms commitment to full-spectrum reproductive health care via Berkeley News
- Supreme Court abortion ruling will radiate deep into American lives, scholars say via Berkeley News
- Berkeley Voices: How Roe v. Wade radically changed American culture via Berkeley News
- Millions of California women are exposed to cancer-causing chemicals at work: UC-funded research pinpoints risks and solutions via Berkeley Public Health
- The world’s first CRISPR therapy is approved: who will receive it?via Nature
- Increasing social impact on public health campuses: A chat with Claudia Williams, UC Berkeley School of Public Health's first chief social impact officer via Harvard Public Health
- Lenore Blum: The ‘Accidental Activist’ Who Changed the Face of Mathematicsvia Quanta Magazine
- How student Rebecca Gloyer made an impact in data science education: by advocating for inclusivity in STEM fields via College of Computing, Data Science, and Society
- Sustainability with SERC :interview with current student Lucy and her work with the Student Environmental Resource Center (SERC) via Berkeley Life
- Finding & Applying to Clubs: Undergrad Kelsey shares how building community shaped her Berkeley experiences as she got involved with The Women’s Network and other clubs via Berkeley Life
- Celebrating Women Faculty via Berkeley Life