Welcome to the Diversity Data Dashboard for UC Berkeley. This beta website was created by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Equity & Inclusion to offer quick access to information on the state of equity, inclusion and diversity at UC Berkeley. The dashboard makes it easy for the public to find information about demographics, campus climate, and progress toward meeting the goals of the UC Berkeley Strategic Plan for Equity, Inclusion and Diversity.
What to Consider while You're Reviewing the Dashboard:
- This is a beta version of the dashboard. In subsequent versions, the Vice Chancellor's Office plans to add more information on the progress to-date pages and on UC Berkeley staff demographics. In the meantime, we welcome your feedback about the dashboard.
- The indicators or metrics used in the dashboard are based on the long-term and intermediate outcomes outlined in the UC Berkeley Strategic Plan for Equity, Inclusion and Diversity.
- Data are drawn from UC Berkeley institutional data sets and public sector data sets (e.g., California State Department of Education). Data are provided for the most recent year available. Trend data are provided wherever feasible.
- Where timely and high quality data do not exist, we have used the best data available. For example, there are no timely data on high school graduates who are eligible to the University of California. The last study on UC eligibility was for the high school graduating class of 2007. Therefore, we have used the most widely available indicator of college preparation — the number of high school graduates who complete UC/CSU "A–G" course requirements — as the next best proxy for eligibility.
- Data by race/ethnicity are summarized on the at-a-glance pages but broken down by specific ethnic categories in the "drill down" pages. The ethnic/racial categories used on the dashboard conform to the Recommendations of the Ethnicity Data Task Force on Data Collection and Reporting.