- We believe education is transformative — empowering the UC Berkeley community¹ to become engaged global citizens and leaders.
- We champion an equitable University that is inclusive and representative of our diverse communities.
- We act courageously and openly, with respect for the knowledge and experience of others.
- We implement our values together with committed staff, faculty and community members to nurture, develop, and advocate for students.
¹This includes all UC Berkeley students, staff, faculty, alumni, and retirees, as well as the people we work with off-campus.
- We are the national leader for equity and inclusion in higher education.
The Division of Equity and Inclusion provides leadership and accountability to resolve systemic inequities for all members of UC Berkeley through engaged research, teaching, and public service, and by expanding pathways for access and success and promoting a healthy and engaging campus climate.