The Haas Institute's highest priority is to strengthen the campus's research agenda on racial and ethnic, LGBT, and dis/ability diversity. The Haas Institute Executive Committee is expected to guide this effort by performing the following duties:
- Play a consultative role in vetting requests for additional faculty FTE beyond those already allocated.
- Foster and enhance diversity research on campus.
- Raise money and encourage grant writing for support of the Haas Institute in general and the individual diversity clusters in particular.
- Oversee the organization of events related to diversity that will engage the campus intellectual and social community.
- Vice Chancellor Gibor Basri, Equity & Inclusion
- Dean Henry Brady, School of Public Policy
- Associate Professor Denise Herd, School of Public Health
- Professor Rodney Hero, Political Science
- Vice Provost Catherine Koshland, Teaching, Learning, Academic Planning, and Facilities
- Professor Evelyn Nakano Glenn, Women's Studies/Ethnic Studies
- Professor Na'ilah Nasir, African American Studies and Graduate School of Education
- Michael Omi, Associate Director-Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society
- john powell, Executive Director- Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society
- Professor Russell Robinson, School of Law
- Professor Sue Schweik, English
Contact the Executive Committee
Please contact the office of the Vice Provost for Teaching, Learning, Academic Planning, and Facilities:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (510) 642-6414
- Mail: c/o Vice Provost Cathy Koshland, UC Berkeley, 222 California Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1500