The Graduate Diversity Program Office of Outreach and Retention is a resource for educationally and financially disadvantaged students and underrepresented students throughout their academic careers at Berkeley. Graduate Diversity Program outreach includes traveling to various universities and colleges throughout the country, conducting informational workshops on applying to graduate school, and providing individual advising to prospective students. The Graduate Diversity Program co-coordinates various outreach conferences and events to provide students opportunities to visit the Berkeley campus or learn more about what Berkeley has to offer. Policy-related information can be found in the Diversity section of the Guide to Graduate Policy.
Our services include:
- Admissions: Graduate school admissions assistance is available. Information and strategic planning on the application process and statements of purpose is provided to students.
- Academic Support: Financial assistance can be provided for tutoring and special need circumstances. Assistance in planning for personal and academic success, professional development, and post-graduation plans.
- Mentoring: Is undertaken by the Director of the Graduate Diversity Program, her staff, and campus diversity directors on an ongoing basis.
- Advising and Counseling: Available to all currently enrolled students and those considering applying to UC Berkeley. Advising on financial planning and funding.
- Outreach: The Graduate Diversity Program staff visits colleges and universities across the country to encourage students to apply to UC Berkeley.